Total ground slots: 1,750 TEUs Reefer points: 168 points Container Freight Station (CFS): 9,600 sq. Dangerous Goods Yard:
|I||Cannot be stored and has to be taken directly out of the port or sent directly to shipside for loading. A temporary parking area is provided.|
|II||Can be stored at the port’s dangerous cargo yard on temporary basis.|
|III||Can be stored within the container yard or Port premises.|
Capacity: 600,000 TEUs capacity
To cater to the increased container handling operations at the port, 3 container berths measuring 600 metres are equipped with 4 container cranes with a handling capacity of 600,000 Teu’s per year.
Berth – NUMBER OF CONTAINER BERTHS: 3
|BERTHS||LENGTH||DRAUGHT||DEADWEIGHT TONNE [D.W.T.]||DISPLACEMENT TONNE [D.T.]|
|Container Berth No. 1||200||11.2||35,000||45,000|
|Container Berth No. 2||200||11.2||35,000||45,000|
|Container Berth No. 3||200||11.2||35,000||45,000|
- Who is shipper? The definition of shipper given in MSC.1/Circ.1475 means legal entity or person named on the bill of lading or sea waybill or equivalent multimodal transport document, and /or a contract of carriage has been concluded with a shipping company. If a freight forwarder or forwarding agent, act as a principle and the consolidator, and their name in the bill of lading, they become the shipper.
- Can a non-Malaysian registered company register as a shipper? The registration is only open for Malaysian registered company, which office is based in Malaysia only.
- How to register as shipper in Malaysia? Registration can be made by filling up the registration form and can be downloaded online. The complete application form and supporting documents should be submitted manually to Marine Department Processing Office or email to Marine Department officer in-charge. The list of Marine Department processing offices can be downloaded online.
- How much is the shipper registration fee in Malaysia? Fee is RM0.00. Registration is valid for two (2) years.
- What is Method-1 (VGM)? Method-1 is where, upon the conclusion of packing and sealing a container, it is weigh using a calibrated and certified equipment (weigh the whole container & its content).
- What is Method-2 (VGM)? Method-2 is where an individual is weigh including the mass of pallets, dunnage and other packing and securing material to be packed in the container, and add the tare mass of the container to the sum of a single masses using a certified method by the Competent Authority.In Malaysia, the Marine Department has identified that such certification and approval is governed under the Department of Standard Malaysia who regulates the Quality Management System. Shipper, who already has QMS certification such as ISO9001, in the scope of Method-2, will be deemed to have demonstrated their compliance. The list of certification body is available at www.jsm.gov.myGenerally, document procedures for Method-2 are:
- The description or specification of the weighing method,
- The details of equipment to be used,
- The maintenance arrangement for weighing equipment,
- The calibration procedure,
- The procedure for dealing with weight discrepancies,
- Record retention; and
- Training of personnel.
- Can shipper apply Method-1 and Method-2? Shipper can apply for both methods, providing that they comply with all the requirements. Shipper wishing to apply for both methods is advice to fill up two (2) application forms (one application form – one method).
- What is Form-D? Form-D or Borang D is Perakuan Pertimbangan Timbang dan Sukat, Akta Timbang dan Sukat 1972’. Under the new amendment on SOLAS Reg. VI/2, it is required that weighing the packed container should be done using calibrated and certified equipment. In Malaysia, Section 14 of Weight And MeasuresAct 1972 requires, every weight and measure and instrument for weighing or measuring for use for trade shall be verified and stamped by an instructor with a stamp of verification and a certificate of verification shall be issued by such inspector at the time of stamping every weight or measure or instrument for weighing and measuring.If shipper has its own weighing equipment or instrument i.e. ‘Weigh Bridge’ or ‘weighing scale’ then they should obtain the Form-D from Metrology Corporation Malaysia Sdn.Bhd., and submit a copy of the Form-D during the application.If shipper does not have any weighing equipment, shipper may use port terminal facilities (for more information on port operation/procedure/fee, kindly communicates with the port Authority or Port Terminal Operator). If shipper uses port terminal facilities to obtained VGM, then they are not required to submit the Form-D during the registration application.
- Who is duly authorised officer (DAO)? SOLAS required that shipper to ensure the verified gross mass (VGM) is stated in the shipping document. The shipping document shall be signed by a person duly authorised by the shipper. The shipping document must be submitted to the master or representative (shipping agent/carrier/etc.). Sometimes, shipping document (SD) may also be known as ‘shipping instruction’ (SI). The person’s name appeared in the SD or SI (manually or electronic) is the person which shipper need to identify as DAO in the application form. For the purpose of Shipper Registration in Malaysia, the DAO must be a Malaysian Citizen.
|1.||Warehouse 1||5,000 sq metres (each)|
|6.||Warehouse A1||3,375 sq metres (each)|
|BERTHS||LENGTH (METRE)||DRAUGHT (METRE)||DEADWEIGHT TONNE [D.W.T.]||DISPLACEMENT TONNE [D.T.]|
|LIQUID BERTHS: 8 BERTHS|
|Palm Oil Berth No. 1||240||11.2||40,000||53,000|
|Palm Oil Berth No. 2||150||8.0||6,000||8,000|
|Palm Oil Berth No. 3||240||11.2||40,000||53,000|
|Mineral Oil Berth||150||8.0||6,000||8,000|
|Liquid Chemical Berth No. 1||240||11.2||40,000||53,000|
|Liquid Chemical Berth No. 2||240||11.2||40,000||53,000|
|Liquid Chemical Berth No. 3||240||11.2||40,000||53,000|
|M. T. B. E. Berth||240||11.2||40,000||53,000|
|MULTI – PURPOSE BERTHS: 11 BERTHS|
|Berth No. 1||200||11.2||35,000||45,000|
|Berth No. 2||175||11.2||35,000||45,000|
|Berth No. 3||175||11.2||35,000||45,000|
|Berth No. 4||175||11.2||35,000||45,000|
|Berth No. 1A||70||8.0||6,000||8,000|
|Berth No. 5||18||6.0||10,000||16,000|
|Berth No. 6||120||8.0||12,000||18,000|
|CB No. 4||200||11.2||35,000||45,000|
|CB No. 5||200||11.2||35,000||45,000|
|CB No. 6||200||11.2||35,000||45,000|