Kuantan Port does not prohibit gifts, hospitality and entertainment offered and/or received in the normal course of business.
All gifts received and/or offered shall be recorded in a Gift Register
Type of gift, hospitality and entertainment strictly prohibited:
- Illegal or in breach of any laws, regulations or rules;
- Offered to a Government Official to facilitate or expedite a routine procedure;
- Involving parties currently engaged in a tender or competitive bidding process;
- Gifts made in cash or cash equivalent i.e. anything that can be easily converted to cash;
- A “quid pro quo”, i.e. something offered in return of something else such as business advantage; and
- Paid for personally to avoid having to declare or seek approval.